Sunday, February 19, 2012

Molly Goldberg

I did not go on any junking adventures this weekend. I think I bought enough last weekend at the fabulous Estate Sale I attended to last a while (I'm still on a high from all the vintage goodness I brought home). I did not get a chance to share all my great finds in my post last weekend, there was just no way to fit it all in. Besides all the wonderful things I have already shared, I also picked up quite a few pieces of vintage clothing.  I found a beautiful red wool coat (you should have seen the buttons on it) and sold it as soon as I returned to work. One of the ladies in the office asked me if I was going to keep it or sell it (I would have kept it but it was to big for me). I told her I was going to sell it and she bought it on the spot. It was a perfect fit for her and she looked fabulous in it. Here are a few of the other pieces I bought (some with tag still on them):







Gerturde Berg was a Radio an Television personality.  In 1950, she won the first best actress Emmy Award in history and The Goldbergs was nominated for Best Kinescope Show. She had a clothing line for housewives.This dress is from that line.








Vintage Vanity Fair Midnight Black Slip with tag still attached.







Vintage Merville slip in excellent condition, I believe it has never been worn due to condition but there was no tag on this one.





 Sweet child's top, I hope it will fit one of the red headed girls.






Little yellow corduroy robe with tags.

It seems I never find any vintage clothing I can actually wear. I will be keeping the pale pink slip for my collection (even though it is too big for me I think it is so gorgeous) but will be selling the other items as they too big for me. Hope I can find them a happy home.

Also an update, Ann (who ran the Estate sale last week) e-mailed me that she had two baskets that she thought would fit my bread cart. I picked them up on Tuesday and they are a perfect fit. I was thrilled! Now my bread cart is complete!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and found many wonderful treasures.

Sharing my finds with:
Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Apron Thrift Girl - Thrift Share Monday 
Very Merry Vintage Style - Share the Love Wednesday
The Thrifty Groove - Thrifty Things Friday

15 comments:

  1. I just love your vintage clothing! The slips are awesome! I so remember just living in slips at home. We wore dresses every day back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good!!! Those clothes will definitely sell. The little girls top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love the lace and details on vintage slips? The first thing I ever purchased from an estate sale was a beautiful slip that had wonderful appliques and lace. Vintage clothes with tags -now that is a thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your vintage finds are incredible, especially since most of them still had the tags attached. I'm a new follower with the new Linky thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clothes! I think I love the mannequin even more. I am always on the look out for one. My MIL got me a head to use for hats, but I also want an old vintage mannequin just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little robe is adorable! The best part? That it is corduroy! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly reminds me of the dresses my grandmother use to wear because of the 1/2 size I mean.

    I love estate sales and trying to quit for a while. I have filled my house for over 20 years and now thinking of selling out and moving. It will take 3 months to sale and clean everything out, that is having a yard sale every day. I have 9 rooms filled with STUFF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun finds! The colors in the vintage Molly Goldberg really stand the test of time. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage finds!!
    I'm now following you on Linky and I would to have you follow me back!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the child's robe! So cute. Really great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so fun finding vintage clothing with the tags still attached, isn't it? Your finds are great. That little robe is darling!! And congrats on the trays for your kitchen rack. What a cool piece that is and so useful too. I have so much vintage clothing I need to list in my etsy shop. Time to get busy!
    Lynn at Cottage and Creek

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always find so many amazing things. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday--hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary @ Very Merry Vintage Style

    ReplyDelete