Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Junk Project

I did not go out junking today (boo hiss - not really any good sales this weekend) so I figured I would try to do something with all the junk I already own. When I am out junking I tend to buy odds and ends. Most of the time I have no idea what I will do them when I pick them up but I love the charm of these kind of pieces and hope that sooner or later something will come to me. I found and old box (nail box I think) and a very cool old car clock (I think) at a sale a while back and had a thought about marrying them together. I just thought they looked really beautiful together. Now how to get the clock on the box. Since I had time on my hands today I got out the drill and drilled a hole in that box and inserted that beautiful clock. I really love my new planter box which looks lovely on the screened porch!






























Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Love this! The vintage dog adds a nice touch to the vignette as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good junk project, and the clock planter looks adorable with the rusty dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the doggie is so bloody cute next to the clock

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea. Just love seeing people's creative ideas. The dog next to it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, and great photos!

    Also, I nominated you for a blog award, just see my blog for details.
    http://debyclark.blogspot.com.au/

    Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful marriage! The pair were meant to be and the dog is pretty darn cool too! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Verna, just popping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete