Monday, January 27, 2014

Vintage Cards

Who would be crazy enough to go to a yard sale at 7 am in the morning when it's 13 degrees outside? I guess that would be me. There was only one yard sale listed in the paper this weekend (I'm sure due to the cool temps) and I debated about whether to stay in bed under my warm blankets or brave the cold. Well the cold won, the ad had listed hundreds of vintage cards and you know how much I love vintage cards.

So I  bundled up and made the short trip over (it was only about 5 minutes away from my house) and this is what I found:


































The box was filled with cards for all occasions, and they are sets that have not been used. So in the end I was very happy that I decided to pull myself from under the warm blankets and make the 5 minute trip!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Sharing with:
Sir Thrift A Lot
The Nifty Thrifty
Knick of Time
Ivy and Elephants

9 comments:

  1. These cards are so cute! Love vintage cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I scrolled down viewing each photo, of these marvelous vintage cards I gasped and sighed repeatedly. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to find old cards, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards are gorgeous! What a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not crazy to go... just crazy to have! Unless someone passed away & they needed to clear out contents, why not wait until the weather is better, wouldn't more people come? Worked out in your fav, I love vintage cards & some of these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can always sleep, but you can't always find amazing cards like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are totally worth the quick deep freeze of your toes! Very cute.
    I like the girl with her bobby socks. What a cool instant collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cards. They are vintage 1950? 1955? Someone must have been a card salesman/rep to have so many of some of these cards.

    ReplyDelete