I always pick up vintage linen that I like even if it is stained or has holes in it. I like to keep these damaged linens in my sewing room for future projects. So I dug out a piece this morning to use for a little Christmas tree project idea that I had. I found a sewing book at the Goodwill a while back and it had a photo of some fabric mushrooms (I thought two of them looked like Christmas trees). I thought right then and there that I wanted to try to make a Christmas tree using this pattern. Here is the book that sparked the idea:
So it took all of about 20 minutes to make my version of this as a Christmas tree. I had a bottle brush tree that I used for the base (I had ruined it while bleaching it, forgot about it and bleached it to death). I picked a vintage linen that had some red work on it and this is what I ended up with:
I like the way it turned out and the possibilities are endless. I think I am going to go upstairs and make some more.