Saturday, December 10, 2011

The One That Started It All

 
Mercury Birds, how can you not love them. I found this little guy many years ago at an estate sale (I paid .25 for him believe it or not). I just fell in love with this sweet little bird and knew I was going to have to have more. I have about 9 now. They are not an item you come across often at sales and if you do you are lucky if you can get to them before someone else does. I decided to give him a new place to flaunt his beauty this Christmas.





 I put this lovely display on my kitchen cart where I can enjoy my sweet little bird while I do all my Christmas baking.





Hoping everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Sharing with:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating - Flaunt it Friday
Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Very Merry Vintage Style - Share the Love Wednesday

11 comments:

  1. Your mercury bird along with your other vintage ornaments set my heart to beat a little faster. I love each and every one of your ornaments. I don't have the expertise that you have. so when I saw how dusty some of my ornaments were I decided to wash them in warm water. Well, that was a disaster! I now have a shinny silver ornament sans the red vintage decorations with the words Merry Christmas. Live and learn.❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little bird is so sweet... or should that be tweet? Not sure I'd ever seen one of those. Love the display

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some little glass birds with long tails but alas I only have two left - the rest broke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my..that is one awesome little 25 cent BIRDIE!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little birds. No tree is perfect without a collection of birdies. A true beauty! A new follower, andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mercury glass bird - and what a bargain. I never see them at sales but now I'll look harder. Super cute. Love the other ornaments too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little birdie is so sweet! I've never seen one of these but you can bet I'll keep my eyes peeled for them now. How cute! He looks especially sweet displayed nestled among the vintage ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations are really cute - and the bird is sweet - it's great to find vintage for cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vintage decor! Beautiful!

    Merry Christmas!

    Now Follow. . .

    ~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
    www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that little, mercury bird is precious! I love the way you displayed him amongst your pretty ornaments.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    xoxo
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. In all the years I've been going to estate sales, I've never come across one of these darlings! Or, maybe, as you suggest, someone else got there first. He is so pretty and you've created the perfect perch for him. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete