Sunday, May 13, 2012

A French Lesson

I have had quite a busy week! I was able to attend an Estate Sale on Wednesday night that was advertised as belonging to a master collector. There was a ton of stuff in a house that seemed to go on forever but I don't think I would call it a master collector's sale. Although there was plenty to dig through, the quality of the items was not that great and most of it was not my taste. I did manage (as I always do) to find a few goodies to take home with me. My most thrilling finds were some sweet little cocktail napkins (for my collection), an old French grammar book that had an old French postcard hiding between it's pages, and a buttery yellow vintage dress (sorry I could not get the picture of the dress to load but you can see it on our Facebook page if you want to take a peek).







On Thursday I attended a luncheon that featured a collection of Judy Garland dresses.





On Friday I attended another Estate sale (where I found another old metal bath room shelf) and Saturday mom and I went back over to the Master Collector's sale and grabbed a few more things at the 50% off price.





So it was a fun and exciting week! Hope you had the same!

Sharing with:
Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Southern Hospitality - Thrifty Treasures 
Have A Daily Cup from Mrs. Olson - Share Your Cup Thursday

9 comments:

  1. I'd say your week was filled with fun and vintage treasures. I bet the luncheon was very interesting. Did they discuss each of the dresses and give a little history of each piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage linens. You found some great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Judy Garland dresses and how fun to return to the estate sale to scoop up even better bargains. Those cocktail napkins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I love those little cocktail napkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the French cocktail napkins...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun and busy week. I'm happy that you found a few treasures. The July Garland dresses are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Calling by as another participant in Share Your Cup Thursday, I have always thought to attend an estate sale must be so much fun, maybe one day I will get the opportunity to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your report of a fun week and fun finds sounds just about perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete