Sunday, November 17, 2013

Smalls, Smalls, Smalls - Estate Sale in Greensboro GA

I am not going to take a lot of time talking about this sale because I bought a ton of smalls Wednesday morning and I wanted to share as much as I could. I took the morning off and me, Mom and my brother John took a little road trip to Greensboro GA for what looked like a great sale (and it was)! There were some larger items that I had my eye on (from the online pictures) but by the time we got there all of the bigger items that I was interested in were already sold. Oh well, I thought I make the best of it and dig through this huge building stuffed with vintage goodies and see what else I could find and I ended up finding a ton of great smalls. I like small stuff because it is easier to manage, store and ship when selling online. So here we go, here are the ton of smalls that I brought home (warning - lots of pics - sorry I was a little excited!):

Vintage Ring Boxes (after seeing these on Pinterest I was hooked but had never run across any at a sale before, I ended up with four)








And isn't the little fabric corsage adorable


I also got this sterling corsage pin (I didn't know what it was when I found it but after a little research I discovered it was used to hold a corsage on a woman's lapel)



Dolls and Doll Parts 
(some of these are missing limbs but they are still beautiful, the two larger dolls are German)







Lots of old toys (I think the Cat is my favorite)






Vintage Sewing








Vintage Christmas (I was disappointed that I missed out of most of the great vintage Christmas Items but I did manage to find a few including some vintage fabric and the Christmas Nutshell Library Book Set)














A box full of holiday clipping and cards, plus some other vintage holiday stuff



























Miscellaneous Odds and Ends
(the Atlanta Braves Pennant is from the 60's and the corn cob holders are Bakelite)



















And my favorite (always look up people, sometimes that is where you will find the treasure)
Vintage Hat/Coat Rack






Sorry to overload with pictures, but I was pretty excited to get all of these beautiful vintage items for a bargain price. This sale was one where you make a pile and they just give you a price and I was amazed to get it all for way under $100. This is the third time I have been to an Old Mill Estates Sale and they really do give good deals. If you see one in your area you might want to check them out.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

19 comments:

  1. OH WOW....a fantastic haul Verna....love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Eek...are you selling any of the cards or the toy puppy? Great finds!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! Love vintage Christmas!

    I have a little Norcross book too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn what a haul, love all the holiday goodness, I rarely find vintage holiday beauties. You've inspired me to go out hunting like crazy again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some pretty things and some things that makes one wonder what the hell but then the Christmas things make one go wow..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the wonderful photos. My favorite blog posts are the ones with the blogger's finds. I love seeing what people buy at estate sales & flea mkts. My house is so saturated with finds, I cannot buy much anymore, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. This person must have been quite the collector themselves!
    I love smalls. They really are the only thing in my budget but, as you say, easier to transport, store and sell and ship.
    Thank you for all the pictures. With winter moving in here, without online boosts I would be in withdrawals already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smalls are my favorite things to buy at estate sales. I would have LOVE to have gone to this one! I adore the vintage Christmas. Just in time :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. You scored!!! Love all the vintage Christmas items and that little owl figurine is soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness that is a lot of Christmas! I like the green corncob holders and the rainbow glasses a lot but the price most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great vintage finds! I love the nativity and the corn cob holders and the sweet doggie card. I'd love for you to join my weekly link party sometime, We Call It Olde, for any post on vintage, antiques, or history. Tues-Saturdays. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you scored big time that sale
    I love those ring boxes also and only have one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! I love 'smalls' and they are so much fun to collect. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you found some great stuff! Love the coat rack and all of the Christmas. The little owls are so sweet. I have a frog just like that one. I went to an estate sale this morning that was super fun. I'll be showing off my finds soon. My son borrowed my camera for the weekend. One thing I missed out on was an old Santa face that lit up. a man had it in his hands. It was only marked $10. Darn, wish I would have gotten there first. lol! We had one of those growing up. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. The vintage Christmas has me squealing with delight. What a wonderful assortment of smalls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did manage to get a lot of quality vintage items. I looked a long time at the online pics for this sale but passed it by as I would have been going alone. i love the owls.

    ReplyDelete