Saturday, July 12, 2014

Name Your Poison - The Estate Sale of Dr. Clyde Burgamy

When I saw the ad for the estate sale of Dr. and Mrs. Clyde Burgamy I knew that Mom and I would have to go to this sale. I worked at Doctors Hospital here in Augusta many years ago and knew both Dr. Burgamy and his wife. I can remember the smell of Dr. Burgamy's pipe lingering in the hallways and elevators of the hospital (yes in those days you could smoke inside the hospital). I did spot something in the online photos that I was going to make a beeline for in hopes that I got to it first. As soon as we stepped in the door I asked the estate sale lady where the bar was and she pointed to the left and off I went. I did get to them first and quickly wrapped them up and put them in my bag. There were several people right on my heels! If I had gotten to them a minute later they would have been gone! So here they are:

Cora Name Your Poison Glasses (complete set of 6)





I just can't tell you how fabulous these glasses are!

I also got a complete set of Georges Briard Frosted Crane Glasses.





Dr. Burgamy was an OB/GYN so I was happy to find some Storks, I think these would make great centerpieces for a Baby Shower.




I was delighted to find a ton of boys rompers from the 1940s, 1950s and some very vintage LaCoste childrens sweaters.










I also found this little vintage Christmas Angel (she needs a little cleaning but no cracks or chips).


We did hit a couple of other estate sales and I got a few other things, I couldn't believe that these vintage Christmas napkin rings were still sitting at the second sale we went to because we didn't get there until around noon.



I loved this chippy dresser tray and tin (also got a few pieces of jewelry, the basketball charm is engraved 1957).




I was very happy with my haul this week! I guess I will be spending the weekend cleaning all the vintage rompers so I can get them listed.

Hope you are very happy with your haul this weekend too!

Sharing with:

Coastal Charm - Show and Share
Sir Thrift A Lot
We call it Junkin
Ivy and Elephants
Thrifty Treasures

13 comments:

  1. Love the glasses!! Sounds like it was a fun sale to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stork with the hat is awesome, and you are right they would look fabulous as centerpieces at a baby shower. Great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some awesome finds I really like the Christmas doll

    ReplyDelete
  4. both sets of glasses are so cool! I also love the storks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doctor's sale looks amazing! I am glad you were able to get your glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I just love a good estate sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! You are so lucky! The NAME YOUR POISON glasses have been on my list for years. They are amazing! I have some shot glasses that are in. Spanish, but that's it. Hope my luck will change! The spaghetti angel is cute, too!

    Just wondering, too, if you ever sent out the keychain? I never got it & I don't want to be the jerk who never said thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those 'name your poison' glasses are just fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing, you've just given me a great idea for a Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some awesome things. I especially love those poison glasses! Have a great week. Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Name Your Poison glassware is awesome! I also like the green tray, really cute.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rompers and vintage Lacoste sweaters. Where do you list your items as I have a little boy and would love to take a closer look at those rompers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool finds! The "What's your poison?" glasses crack me up. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had two of the Name Your Poison glasses, the arsenic and cyanide. My cyanide one broke tonight and I almost cried. I picked up the pair at a goodwill when I was in college.

    ReplyDelete