Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Different Kind of Treasure

It has literally rained all weekend here in Augusta GA. There was only one sale listed for Friday and Saturday but I decided to pass on it (not enough information in the ad to entice me). I got a ton of stuff last weekend that I am still sorting through and just didn't feel like getting out in the bad weather anyway. However that doesn't mean I didn't bring home a little treasure this weekend.

Even though I work year round, my employer is a seasonal one. At the end of the season there are a lot of beautiful plants and hanging baskets left over. A drawing is held and if you are lucky you get to take one of these lovlies home. Well Friday was my lucky day, my name was drawn. I was really hoping to get some Confederate Jasmine but was afraid that by the time I got to the designated area to pick mine up they would all have been taken. Lucky again for me that my friend offered to go down and try to get it for me (she's the best!). Mission accomplished! She was able to snag this beautiful specimen for me.













 

So even though this is a different kind of treasure than I usually bring home I was just as excited about it and can't wait to get this baby in the ground!


 Hope the weather is better where you are and that you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Lucky you, a true friend, and a tree, no matter what the weather conditions are you had a remarkably wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been planting a lot of hydrangeas a neighbor gave me, I love spring time when I can dig in the dirt

    ReplyDelete