Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chickadee

I vowed to stay home this weekend and work on my ever growing inventory and I did, however I did cheat a little and went to a couple of Estate Sales before work yesterday. I didn't really load up like I usually do, but I did find a few special items. At sale #1 I picked up the following items:

This lovely box (the wood is gorgeous) with a great old lock attached.




And my favorite of the day, this little chick creamer, I did some research and think it is from the 1940's, I found another online that looks very similar except that chick had on a different hat. Anyway, I think she is adorable.





Isn't she sweet!

I was really excited about sale #2, however it did not turn out to be what I had dreamed up in my head. It happened to be located across the street from where I work and is an older house. The ad said they were selling everything inside and out to include light fixtures. So I was looking for some good vintage salvage. That was not the case, I saw one light fixture and it was to pricey for me. So I wandered on through the house and managed to find various small items. Here is what I came away with:

These bird prints were to good to pass up for $1 each, they are really beautiful.


I fell in love with this picture!


Very dainty silver plate napkin rings.


A little bling, love the pin.


A little vintage Christmas, they plugged it in and it works!


So yesterday's finds were enough to satisfy me so that I could stay home today and work on my inventory. I wanted to go out this morning but fought the urge, wonder what I missed!

I would like to thank Cap Creations for featuring me on her "Thrifty Goodness Link Up". Please check out her blog and join the party.
I did get a few more items yesterday, you can go here to see all the goods! And we would love it if you would like us on Facebook!

11 comments:

  1. Your box is stunning. I love old wood, and after looking at the lock, I might start checking out vintage padlocks. The creamer is indeed sweet, but she looks like a duck to me. This coming from a person who thought shoe clips were earrings. Great finds as always thanks for sharing.❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage Christmas piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great box! All of your finds are wonderful. Love the Christmas Candelabra too, it must look so cute lit up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous finds. Just love that wooden box and yes, the little chick is too adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wooden box and the picture of the little one with their bucket and spade - just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your finds are great but my favorite is the daisy pin.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that daisy pin, too! The little duck creamer is the first one like it that I have seen. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That box really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the creamer and vintage Christmas. I always wonder what I will miss when I don't thrift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool finds. Love the bird prints and the bling. Well all of it really lol! Thank you for linking up at Cap Creations, join us every Friday.

    ReplyDelete