Sunday, June 22, 2014

Vintage Paper Doll

There was a huge estate sale on the hill (old Augusta area) this weekend and Mom and I drove over to check it out on Saturday. While rummaging around in this huge old house we ran into my two older sisters. They had just come from a yard sale that was full of vintage and suggested that we go by there when we finished up at the estate sale. Mom was in a hurry to get home because she had somewhere she had to be that afternoon so I asked (begged) her if we could quickly run by there for just a minute since it was on our way home. She said we could and so we did! Wow it was all vintage, looked like maybe this person used to be a dealer but I am not sure as she said a lot of it was her mother's stuff. My sisters had told me there were some old paper dolls there (they know I like this kind of stuff) so I was searching desperately to find them hoping someone else had not bought them. I asked the lady where the paper dolls were and she said she didn't know but they belonged to her mother and they were out there somewhere, so I continued digging. I had given up hope when Mom walked over with them in her hand. And here she is, Whitman Wood Doll Betty Stand Up Doll Complete with dresses! I believe she is from the 1940s.









Isn't she adorable, I must admit it's been a long time since I played with paper dolls but I did yesterday!

Sharing with:

Coastal Charm Show and Share
Ivy and Elephants
Share Your Cup

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweetheart your Betty is! I love everything about your paper dolls. *Sigh* I believe I have thrift envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is one of the cutest paper dolls ever!! Great find!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Such a fun find!! :) Happy sweet week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat find! And with so many pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is Darling! How are you going to display her? She is way too sweet to be hidden away! I'm sure her owner would be happy to know she went to someone who will appreciate her. She must have been a treasured childhood memory to have been kept so long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable! I had one similar but decided to sale it at my yard sale. Happy that it went to my neighbor across the street. I actually had a Shirley Temple paper doll in my stack last Thurs. at an estate sale and at the last minute I decided not to buy it. I had spent a lot of money and was just buying it because it was cute, and of course; Shirley Temple. Now wishing I had bought it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete