Wednesday, May 21, 2014

1950s Vintage Clothes

I just thought I would post a quick update on the vintage clothing I bought last week. I picked them up from the cleaners today and only two of the items were salvageable. The other two will just stay with me (they are still pretty to look at). 

The two items that will be going into my collection due to damage are a pink seersucker skirt and top and a lovely dress that I really wish could have been saved (I tried!)








The HuntLeigh Wool Suit and the Marion McCoy Dress will be going to my Etsy Shop soon, I really love the suit (wish my waist was that tiny).









I do love vintage clothes, it's a shame everyone back then had a waist the size of my thigh! Maybe one day I will find something that I can actually wear!

4 comments:

  1. I need to go and read your original post, but these clothes are awesome. I love the close up photos of the suit. I wouldn't be able to wear these tiny waist items either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finds! Yes, such tiny waisted gals in the 50's:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the suit. I wish my waist was that small! The 2 for your collection look great in the photos. Do you ever wear any of the vintage clothing? Have a great week. Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete