I guess my junking day yesterday was both good and bad. I will start with the bad:
- Mom had some stuff to do and couldn't go out junking with me
- It was HOT outside
- No good Junky Estate Sales going on (at least not the kind I like to go to)
- Catholic Social Services was closed due to Memorial Day Weekend (and I usually find great stuff there)
- I found a bag of about 10 vintage patterns (the really old ones) for $10 and immediately snatched them up and took them up to the checkout at a local antique store and told the lady to hold them while I shopped some more. When I had finished shopping and went to check out, she had sold them to someone else!!!! I was not happy! She let me dig through a big bin of patterns she had in the back but they were all damaged and newer than the ones I like to buy. So that put a big damper on the rest of my day. I'm still mad about it.
Now for the good:
- I found 3 antique collecting books and 1 old book with great graphics in the FREE bin at 2nd and Charles
- I got to visit with some junker friends while shopping in the Antique Stores
- I went to the library and checked out some books and got to visit with my brother
- I found a ton of vintage party supplies
- I got some new vintage cocktail napkins for my collection
- I found something really cool that I will share later (I am still in the process of cleaning it)
So here are the party supplies I picked up:
Here are the cocktail napkins, bonus they are Vera
I stayed in today, I had a lot of packages to get ready to mail. My Esty shop has been busy lately. I did actually list my first item ever on Ebay this week. I am anxious to see how it does. I really think I prefer Etsy over Ebay but sometimes if you really don't know the value of something and there is nothing else out there to compare it to Ebay may be the better choice. Do any of you do Ebay? I could use some pointers as I am planning on listing a couple of more things.
Hope you are having a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Sir Thrift A Lot
Sir Thrift A Lot